Saturday, February 21, 2009

Twenty one seconds, what’s in twenty-one seconds?

O not much…

Only the best things in life:

The first sounds of a newly born baby, that fundamental part of life. When Grandpa; Get’s his first hug from his grandchildren. The first time a grandchild chooses to be comforted by Grandpa, because the tears are too big to take to Mom or Dad.

Twenty-one seconds can bring all of this and more.

A call from your children to see if all is OK.

A driveway cleared of snow in the early morning hours.

A decision to have the grass cut and trimmed, because it’s too hard for the old bodies, which have changed over time to continue with the yard work.

So many “twenty-one seconds” in my life, my heart finds joy in each second given and taken by loving children and beautiful grandchildren.

A new grandson announced by a phone call from Panama.

A family afar calls to open away to see grandchildren to long unseen.

A piano recital invite for a special grandchild.

Twenty-one Seconds…


Twenty-one seconds that will never be forgotten, for its engraved on my MP3 player of my heart.

The emotion of a glad heart, you know the feeling when you can’t breathe and your hands shake. You know the feeling; it only lasted twenty-one seconds, but will play for all eternity.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At February 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Diana said...

Thanks Dad, I love it!!! I'm very impressed with the slideshow and the music from her recital. You are the coolest Papa Ever. I love sharing the blogging world with you. Thanks for coming to McKenna's piano recital and thanks for sharing the fun pictures of her. She is growing up way to fast, I'm glad we will always have the memories of Hawaii.

 
At February 22, 2009 at 7:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow dad I'm in tears.... 21 seconds to touch a life forever. Thanks for all your coments and I know that Mckenna will forever love this blog. love always, Heather

 
At February 22, 2009 at 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear papa thank you for the awesome slide- show love mckenna

 
At February 23, 2009 at 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad, you had me crying. Thanks for the wonderful post. You are the greatest Grandpa in the world. I know that Cooper David will think that he is named after the greatest man in the world. I love you tons!! Thanks for sharing mom with my family. Your favorite #3

 
At February 23, 2009 at 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad,
This was awesome. My boys sure enjoyed hanging with papa. It was over way to quick. I hope we can find excellent plane fares again. I think my boys have more than 21 seconds to cherish- they have a cool weekend of movies and games that won't be forgotten soon. I miss you tons.
Love Jenn

 
At February 24, 2009 at 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one awesome husband and grandpa, thanks for taking all the time to let the children know how much you love them. I love and miss you.
Love,
Donna

 
At October 6, 2009 at 6:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep looking to see what is new, I guess I just have to be patient and wait. I love you my Bob-O-Link!

 
At January 20, 2011 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Diana said...

Just wishing my techno savy Dad would do another post. I loved reading your insight and bonding in cyber space with you. Here's wondering if you will even read this message, its been so long since your last post. But here's hoping.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home