Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's About Time

A Time to Hope, a Time to Believe, and a Time to Pray:

When we stand on the edge of a great cliff and look down into a never ending pit of despair called financial abyss (Stock Market for short). We wonder about the old story about needing a fence at the top or ambulance at the bottom. Church leaders advise use to have no fear; we should “earn interest and not pay interest”. A save and pay model in fact is the best; build a “CASH” account here and now.

But we keep finding ourselves on the edge of that cliff, looking at that financial abyss. No money and many things. I am sure we will ascend to the top of that cliff many times before the crisis of the financial abyss is over (Some say 8 to 10 years), for us, for the nation, and the world (In just one 401K plan we have lost $1,200.00 in a week).

Time is so personal for each of us! God sets time in motion and then turns it over to us to manage. TIME is owned by each one of us and used in a different way.

Just look at the word, it just has “I” and “ME” not a WE or US in it.

If not managed in conjunction with our money and our life, TIME can lead us to debt and loss of family fiber that holds families together forever. Like our church leaders have stated “Have No Fear”.

Long ago at a very young age, I got a penny from my Dad. So I invested it, in a bubble gum machine and what I got out of it has been in the back of my mind ever since. On a little pace of paper that came with the bubble gum, was a saying. It said: Time marches on, so should you!

Take time and invest in fixable, accessible CASH, along with investments and like our church leaders have said – We Will “Have No Fear” – about our current financial abyss or the time to resolve the abyss – and any future abyss.

TIME is given by God – It’s a talent that should not be concealed. Take TIME to store up a little cash that is flexible and movable.

Hard times can build great family memoires and teachings about financial stabilities’ – Take some of Your TIME and teach the concept.

P.S. I wish this lesson was given to me, long before this time in my life. “Have No Fear”

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 14, 2008 at 6:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad I love that you up dated your blog. I check it every day and it was just like Christmas to see Something new. I sometimes think that you should just put "I Love you Heather" because I'm looking faithfuly every day. I enjoyed your thoughts very much. I remember one wise lesson learned by a little girl in Germany... It was a time of hardship and great family memories, to this day I still believe that those were the biggest scissors ever used to cut credit cards. Thanks for the life lesson and thanks for all the TIME you have invested in your family especially ME. Love always your Bunny.

 
At October 14, 2008 at 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad, I guess that family home evening lesson was the best. Because I was going to tell you that you took the "Time" and taught me the importance of keeping away from credit cards. I remember so vividly you and mom letting us girls help cut up your credit cards. I agree with Heather those were the biggest scissors ever. I was very excited to read your blog. I check it all the time. I love you tons. Love your #3 daughter

 
At October 14, 2008 at 6:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Papa Bob,

I think you are very poetic. You are a good role model. I love you. Jacob

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home